Founder and CEO of
Address: Rm 908, Bldg B, 2305 Zuchongzhi Road
Shanghai, China 201210
I am currently the founder and CEO of synyi.com. Synyi provides Chinese clinical natural language processing solutions to hospitals and enterprises in Chinese market.
I graduated from the Ph.D. program of
Department of Biomedical Informatics of
Columbia University. My advisor was Prof.
I received my B.E. degree in computer science from Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
I was a member of the ACM Honored Class. In my undergraduate years I have been fortunate to work with Prof. Hai Zhao on natural language processing.
- Shaodian Zhang, Tian Kang, Lin Qiu, Weinan Zhang, Yong Yu, and Noemie Elhadad, Cataloguing treatments discussed and used in online autism communities, 2017 International World Wide Web Conference (WWW) (acceptance rate: 17%), [pdf]
- Shaodian Zhang, Lin Qiu, Frank Chen, Weinan Zhang, Yong Yu, and Noemie Elhadad, "We Make Choices We Think are Going to Save Us": Debate and Stance Identification for Online Breast Cancer CAM Discussions, 2017 International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), [pdf]
- Tian Kang, Shaodian Zhang, Youlan Tang, Gregory W. Hruby, Alexander Rusanov, Noemie Elhadad, and Chunhua Weng, EliIE: An Open-Source Information Extraction System for Clinical Trial Eligibility Criteria, Journal of American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA). [html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Edouard Grave, Elizabeth Sklar, and Noemie Elhadad, Longitudinal Analysis of Discussion Topics in an Online Breast Cancer Community using Convolutional Neural Networks, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI). [html]
- Tian Kang, Shaodian Zhang, Xingting Zhang, Dong Wen, and Jianbo Lei, Detecting Negation and Scope in Chinese Clinical Notes using Character and Word Embedding, Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. [html]
- Shaodian Zhang, and Noemie Elhadad, Factors Contributing to Dropping-out in an Online Health Community: Static and Longitudinal Analyses, AMIA 2016. Best student paper finalist. [pdf]
- Shaodian Zhang, Erin O'Carroll Bantum, Jason Owen, Suzanne Bakken, and Noemie Elhadad Online cancer communities as informatics intervention for social support: Conceptualization, Characterization, and Impact, to appear, Journal of American Medical Informatics Association (JAMIA). [html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Tian Kang, Xingting Zhang, Dong Wen, Noemie Elhadad, and Jianbo Lei, Speculation Detection for Chinese Clinical Notes: Impacts of Word Segmentation and Embedding Models, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI). [html]
- Shaodian Zhang, Erin Bantum, Jason Owen, and Noemie Elhadad, Does Sustained Participation in an Online Health Community Affect Sentiment?, AMIA 2014. Best student paper finalist. [pdf]
- Noemie Elhadad, Shaodian Zhang, Patricia Driscoll, and Samuel Brody, Characterizing the Sublanguage of Online Breast Cancer Forums for Medications, Symptoms, and Emotions., AMIA 2014. [pdf]
- Shaodian Zhang and Noemie Elhadad, Unsupervised Biomedical Named Entity Recognition: Experiments with Clinical and Biological Texts, Journal of Biomedical Informatics (JBI). [html]
- Xiaohua Liu, Shaodian Zhang, Furu Wei, and Ming Zhou, Recognizing Named Entities in Tweets, ACL 2011.
- Shaodian Zhang, Hai Zhao, Guodong Zhou, and Bao-liang Lu, Hedge Detection and Scope Finding by Sequence Labeling with Normalized Feature Selection, CoNLL 2010.
- May 2012 - Aug 2012 Intern, Natural Language Processing Group, Microsoft Research, Redmond
- Oct 2010 - Jan 2011 Intern, Natural Language Computing Group, Microsoft Research Asia, Beijing